Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Scratch Art/Sketchbook Project

This project was originally in our sketchbooks. We first had to draw in our sketchbooks. I picked artist's choice and decided to draw the first thing I saw. I saw a remote control so I attempted to draw it. Then we were told to grab a piece of this black paper that had a different color under it and by scratching the black part away, a new color would be present. I began to draw my remote onto the black piece of paper by placing my original over top and tracing it. By tracing it, it bled onto the black paper and I could see my indents; therefore, I could just take my little wooden stick and trace over top of that again. By doing this I was scratching away the black and then the yellow shown through. It was hard to get a good picture of this project because the scratch art paper is so shiny.
An extension of this project would be for each student to make a few more of these and then arrange them a story line and narrate a story under each picture; therefore, it would be a children's book of scratch art.

No comments:

Post a Comment